Crane Training Ireland
Crane Supervisor Course
A course aimed at supervisors which have been chosen to implement, oversee and monitor the Lift Plan issued by an appointed person. The Lift Supervisor’s responsibility is to make sure the Lift Plan in question is understood by all concerned (under his or her supervision) and that it is carried out precisely as stated. Current regulations and best practice are used to give the supervisor the knowledge required to carry out the role.
Crane Operator Course
This is a role regarded as ‘Safety Critical’ and therefore a comprehensive education, training and testing programme is in place for both new operators and those that need refresher training or have to move to different model of crane, Training and testing is offered on all types of cranes, and course duration is dictated by the candidate’s experience and the type of crane to be trained on.
- Construction Site Safety Awareness
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Safely operate and control a mobile or tower crane
- Lift, move and place a variety of loads
- Check, inspect and maintain a crane for efficient use under site conditions
- Hand signals and communication protocol
- Demonstrate knowledge and safe use of different types of lifting gear test
- Change crane configurations to suit different jib lengths